Building & Zoning

Dog Control Officer





Tax Collector

Town Clerk

Town Court

Transfer Station

Town Clerk

Dawn Giuditta

Deputy Town Clerk: Amanda Winne

Contact Information

(845) 657-8118 menu option 4

(845) 657-2016 fax

PO Box 96
West Shokan, NY 12494

Monday – Friday 8 am – 3 pm (except holidays)

Copies of Marriage, Birth or Death Certificates and Genealogy Records

Copies of vital records from 1881 and forward for those individuals who were born, died or obtained their marriage license in the Town of Olive are on file in the Town Clerk’s office. Birth records can only be issued to the person if over the age of 18 and/or parents named in the document. Death certificates may be issued to members of the immediate family. Marriage records may only be issued to persons named in the document. These records may be applied for in person with the applicant providing photo I.D., or through the mail. The fee is $10 per certified copy of Birth/Death and Marriage. For Genealogy, please refer to the second page of Genealogy form below for rules and regulations on research. There is a $10 fee for copies.

Copy of Birth Record Form opens in a new window

Copy of Death Record Form opens in a new window

Copy of Marriage Record Form opens in a new window

Genealogical Services and Application Form opens in a new window

Dog Licenses 

Spayed/Neutered – $6.00

Unspayed/Unneutered – $13.00

All dogs age six months or older must be licensed in New York State. Rabies certificates are required at the time of licensing your dog. You can complete the dog license application opens in a new window form and submit it to the Town Clerk’s office along with the rabies certificate, spaying/neutering certificate (if applicable), and the appropriate fee. The dog will be issued an identification tag which will remain with the dog for his lifetime. The license, however, will be renewed annually. Replacement tags can be purchased through the Town Clerk’s Office at a fee of $15.00.

Handicapped Parking Permits

The applicant and the medical doctor must complete the Handicapped Parking Permit form opens in a new window and submit it in person or by mail to the Town Clerk. The applicant must also present their NYS Driver License or Non-Driver License at the time of applying for the permit. Permits are issued either on a temporary basis of six months or a permanent basis of 5 years depending on the doctor’s recommendation.

Home Delivered Meals Program

Eligibility to receive home delivered meals is determined by the Ulster County Office of the Aging. You can contact 845-334-5496 (Intake at the OFA) to register for the program and Open to receive further information. opens in a new window

Anyone wishing to volunteer to deliver the meals should contact Dawn at 657-8118 x5 for information. Meals are picked up by our volunteers at approximately 9:15am on Thursday at the Town Meeting Hall and delivered to the list of people as provided by the Town Clerk.

Marriage Licenses - $40.00

Please call ahead to make an appointment for Marriage Licenses. You need to bring State Issued Birth Certificate with a raised seal, Social Security Number, photo I.D. (driver’s license, non-driver’s license, passport) and divorce/annulment papers, if any.

One Day Marriage Officiant License - $25.00

This is new NYS legislation which went into effect on March 28, 2023.

Town clerks are now required to issue one-day marriage officiant licenses in accordance with Domestic Relations Law §11-d. A One-Day Marriage Officiant License is only valid for the parties-to-be-married as stated on the application and expires upon the completion of such solemnization or the expiration of the related Marriage License, whichever is earlier. An application for a One-Day Marriage Officiant License may only be submitted after the parties-to-be-married have obtained their Marriage License. Not unlike any other Marriage Officiant, a One-Day Marriage Officiant’s obligation is not limited to presiding over the Marriage Ceremony. The One-Day Marriage Officiant must ensure the various parties sign in the appropriate places and ensure the return of the completed Marriage License, with the One-Day Marriage Officiant License attached, to the specific office of the Town Clerk that issued the Marriage License within five days after the Marriage Ceremony. If applying in person, notary is not required. If applying by mail, both a completed and notarized One-Day Marriage Officiant License application must be mailed along with a $25.00 money order made payable to the Town of Olive and a photocopy of the applicant’s proper identification to:

Town Clerk
P.O. Box 96
West Shokan, NY 12494

One-Day Marriage Officiants are exempt from registration as required pursuant to section 11-b of the Domestic Relations Law.

• This license is REQUIRED for marriage officiants other than clergy or a magistrate.
• The marriage officiant will apply for a one-day license from the same office that             issued the couple's marriage license.
• The fee is $25.
• The following are required:

  • Proof of Identity (Driver License/Passport)
  • Completed Application
  • $25 fee payable to: Town of Olive

Marriage Officiant Notary Form

Marriage Officiant Application

Peddler’s Permit - $25.00

Peddling and Soliciting Code

Peddler Permit Application

Sporting Licenses

The Town Clerk’s Office issues NYS DEC licenses during normal office hours. Open to purchase licenses directly from the DEC online. opens in a new window

New York City Access permits are not issued by the Town of Olive. Open to obtain New York City Access permits online. opens in a new window

The Clerk’s office does not issue permits for Blue Hole or state hiking trails. You      can get those permits at opens in a new window

Waste Water Treatment Plant

For those of you that live in the Boiceville area and receive a sewer use bill. You can mail your payment or we accept them in the Town Clerk’s office Monday – Friday 9am- 4pm